How can The Leadership Center help you?
Need More Information?
Request a brochure for details about healthcare consulting services, your options, and pricing.
The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center® approach and process emphasizes sustainable results. In addition, The Ritz-Carlton:
- Was the first service organization to receive two Malcolm Baldrige Awards
- Has been sharing the award-winning, best practices for customer care for almost 15 years
How are healthcare and hospitality related?
While healthcare and hospitality may seem like diverse industries, they share many commonalities. Both industries provide temporary lodging, food service, housekeeping and environmental services, and therefore, both industries share similar organizational issues. Both take care of their patients/customers. While healthcare has the loftier goal of improving health, both industries strive to give patients/customers comfort.
Why focus on culture transformation?
A well-articulated culture:
- Establishes a foundation for expectations, accountability, and engagement
- Leads to engaged employees who perform as a unified team
- Reinforces your commitment to a better patient experience
What is the value of improving the patient experience?
Many healthcare professionals believe that when a patient feels comfortable, they are more at ease mentally, less fearful, and more easily treatable. Improving the patient experience can also impact the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores.
Why should your organization care about employee engagement?
Gallup’s State of the American Workplace report shows that engaged employees have fewer safety incidents and quality defects. This is particularly important for healthcare organizations—where mistakes can be fatal. Reducing mortality rates is an important benefit of an engaged workforce.
What outcomes can you expect?
Depending on your dedication and follow-through, you can expect the following outcomes:
- Increased employee engagement that reduces turnover and absenteeism
- Improved service and better patient experiences resulting in higher HCAHPS scores
- Improved safety records and reduced mortality rates