Building Meaningful Customer Relationships
October 09, 2019
The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center
Return on Experience (ROX) through Customer Relationships
84% of organizations working to improve the Customer Experience (CX) report an increase in revenue. Explore our tips for building meaningful customer relationships across – each has the potential to improve your bottom line.
- DO Treat customers as if they will remain customers.
- DON’T treat them as though this is the last time you will see them.
- DO get beyond a transactional mentality. If you view customers with a hands-off “Next, please” attitude, you will never build strong customer relationships/
- DON’T rush customers. Customers know when they’re being hurried. Relationships take time. Qualities like trust, sincerity and care need time to develop and grow.
- DO share some of your own life. Look for ways to connect with customers. Maybe you both root for the same sports team, or you both have children.
- DON’T overshare. Although you’re building a relationship with customers, you still want to practice discretion and ensure that your customer is comfortable throughout your conversation.
- DO follow up on past conversations. If your customer mentioned a new pet or told you about a hospital visit, be sure you ask for updates. Showing that you remember and care will strengthen your bond.
- DON’T forget to give a fond farewell that includes gratitude and the expectation that you will see the customer again.
Join us at one of one of our upcoming courses to learn more about our legendary best practices in customer experience.